This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting wind mode and GPS mode into pypilot
Hello Ironman,
Thank you for your help, I believe the router does not listen to port TCP/20220 but sends what you choose for the other devices to listen to (in my case inputs P1 and P4). It does the same with the port UDP/2000 and this is how opencpn on PC and Navionics on android get NMEA data from (and both work). The router can manage UDP and TCP at the same time (I checked that).

What i tried lately is:
1 - swap pypilot and router roles in the WIFI network connection so going from Pypilot-client/router-server to Pypilot-server/router-client and got exactly the same result, opencpn on PC and navioncis on android get NMEA data right away but only compas mode is available in pypilot

2 - from the router I wired a NMEA0183/USB converter into the RPi 3B where pypilot runs and changed the router configuration accordingly and got the exact same result. I tried to change USB ports with no better results. Here is the HW used: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004255880503.html

If nothing obvious comes to mind I believe I will have to ssh pypilot end get some logs, listen to ports, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting wind mode and GPS mode into pypilot - by MBJ335 - 2022-12-31, 03:06 PM