This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU / Compass calibration questions
Hello Sean, thank you very much for these answers. For once the sea is flat this morning and I just recalibrated...

Accelerometer: I still have a "calibration distance too small" with one or two cyan dots per side and yellow and red dots on the current side. I stayed 1 minute per side... maybe it is still not enough?

To calibrate the compass, I make a complete turn and then another complete turn upside down (to untangle the electric wires...). At anchor, the compass works perfectly.

Locking: I noticed that the screwdriver used to immobilize the RPI is magnetic... so I lock the calibration when I use it.

Update :

I forgot: there was a sailboat on the visual, which has disappeared for a week or two.

We set sail for 2 or 3 days with our new calibration. To be continued.

Messages In This Thread
IMU / Compass calibration questions - by gponcon - 2023-04-27, 05:23 PM
RE: IMU / Compass calibration questions - by gponcon - 2023-04-28, 08:07 AM