This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New OpenPlotter v1.0.0 available!!!!
(2018-05-29, 08:21 PM)abarrow Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 12:13 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have updated the thread with the new features.
I want to release the plain img (not noobs) but I do not want to create a file of 8GB. Do you know an easy way to reduce and distribute SD images? All methods I found are unstable.
Couldn't you just create the 8g image, then zip it? The empty space will go away in the zip.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

The empty space may not go away by zip unless you write zeros to the unallocated blocks.   I don't suggest using the zip format, it's not very good.  It would be best to distribute the image with xz compression.

The image would not work on smaller sd cards like 4gb.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a hook to resize the root partition on first boot?

Everyone has different size cards, so "8gb" is arbitrary.  So the partition should be shrunk as much as possible, then the image written to just cover this.   This as the added benefit of making the image faster to write to the disk.

Messages In This Thread
New OpenPlotter v1.0.0 available!!!! - by Sailoog - 2018-05-28, 09:01 PM
RE: New OpenPlotter v1.0.0 available!!!! - by seandepagnier - 2018-05-30, 12:47 PM
RE: New OpenPlotter v1.0.0 available!!!! - by CVL - 2018-06-02, 09:59 AM