This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] Can't install V1 on a USB drive (SSD, or flashdrive)
(2018-05-30, 09:15 AM)Didier B Wrote: Hello everybody
I am trying to install V1 on an USB-SSD.
My RPi 3 B (not +) had the write once command to start from a USB media. My V17 was running from the SSD (at least root partition.
According to various posts, the latest Noobs should install itself from an USB drive, provided the write once command has been passed.

I copied to the root of my freshly formatted (FAT32) USB SSD the content of the directory "openplotter_v1.0.0_noobs" but not the directory itself), I removed the SD card, fired up but ... nothing ! I also tried with a flash drive, same failure.
I then tried with the the flash drive after moving the content of the directory to the root of the flash drive, same failure...

Didier

I don't understand what you mean by directory "openlotter_v1.0.0_noobs". That is the name of the zipped file, not a directory. Once unzipped it creates a directory called NOOBS_v2_8_1 and it is the entire content of that directory that you need to copy to the device you wish to boot from.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't install V1 on a USB drive (SSD, or flashdrive) - by baltika_no_9 - 2018-05-30, 09:40 AM