This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send info from MPU9250 with a ESP32
(2018-06-05, 12:11 PM)Pkarl45 Wrote: Hi!
I have ordered a new compass sensor (MPU9250) to replace my old Raymarine fluxgate compass that never works properly.

Now, I got a problem with the distance from the sensor to my Raspberry(Openplotter) (>5meter) and was thinking maybe I could use a ESP32 to deliver the signals to the Raspberry instead of buying a I2C range extender. What do you think, is it possible? I found this page (https://github.com/natanaeljr/esp32-MPU-driver)
//Patrik

I have worked some with the sensors and used the ESP-32 and her little sister ESP-8266. However before starting to take the Internet of Things on Board (IoToB) I investigated in extending the I2C. This is a common problem and is solved easily. Use a simple I2C line driver chip. Take a look at my project : Yacht-server-with-raspberry and the I2C range extender . It might be that two small chips and two resistors and a 5m cable is simpler then using an ESP32 which also require power cable.

Good luck.

Ole

Messages In This Thread
Send info from MPU9250 with a ESP32 - by Pkarl45 - 2018-06-05, 12:11 PM
RE: Send info from MPU9250 with a ESP32 - by olewsaa - 2018-10-01, 12:01 PM