This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce steering when AP not active
(2018-07-09, 07:02 PM)It Paradyske Wrote: I know it doesn't work without IMU, I hope it will be delivered soon... :-)
In the mean time I am trying to get it up and running as far as possible.
I connected a Nokia 5110 LCD on the spi interface, the LCD is hardly readable due to a bad connection by the way, so I ordered an other one.
The actuator is an old Raymarine ST2000+, the compass of the thing is defect so I was able to purchase it for little money.
It is driven by an H-bridge, with IRF540/9540, and a couple of transistors (bc547 and bc557), I designed myself.
I use an arduino red board (equal to uno, still waiting for the nano to come in) with your code to drive the H-bridge, the only modification I made was the polarity of the driving pins to the H-bridge. To activate a MOSFET in the bridge, a positive signal is needed.

Could you please post your source code changes or make a pull request?

The irf540 and 9540 has high on resistance. These may work for a few amps but are still less efficient.

The mosfets I am using are 1-2 milliohm, all n channel giving less than 1% losses in the mosfets at 12 volts 10 amps.
Quote:Could you explain me how the filesystem on the pypilot image works? How can I modify e.g. the client.py?

Do you have a block diagram of the whole software? Which blocks there are etc., and how the blocks are communicating?
regards
Hans
I will make more block diagrams soon. For now you should just ask specific questions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduce steering when AP not active and bugs - by seandepagnier - 2018-07-10, 03:35 PM