This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moitessier HAT - HELP! Did not work :(
Question 
Hi everyone!

I am new here. That is why I will introduce myself to the beginning: I am Mateusz, I live in Poland. I heard about the OpenPlotter project some time ago. However, only now I managed to implement it on my own.

I do not have my own sail yacht, so I wanted it to be closed in one housing. To make the device more handy, but with the possibility to be permanently installed on the boat.

The whole is based on Raspberry Pi 3 model B + and Moitessier HAT. The attached drawing shows the general idea of the device.

I have a problem with Moitessier HAT. It looks like it works normally, but when I try to get a GPS position I can not do it. As if OpenCPN did not communicate with Moitessier HAT at all. The LED status light indicating GPS status is always on.

In addition, IMU sensors do not always work. Sometimes, during calibration, they show the movements of the yacht, the compass shows the direction. Otherwise, it looks like it would not send information to OpenPlotter.

I have not checked AIS yet

I installed everything in accordance with the instructions from the documentation contained on the website. I tried to search for something here on the forum but I found nothing.

I reinstalled the entire OpenPlotter software and reinstalled the Moitessier HAT driver. I remembered about updates ...

I also disconnected the entire USB hub to see if this causes interference in Moitessier HAT.

Can anyone tell me what else I can do to force Moitessier HAT to cooperate? Is it possible that my Moitessier HAT was damaged somewhere on the way to mine? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Please help.

Mateusz

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Moitessier HAT - HELP! Did not work :( - by Mateusz C. - 2018-08-16, 12:32 PM