This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions
(2019-03-20, 05:52 PM)FMJ Wrote: Thanks for your input, Sean! Together with damien's feedback most of my faults are probably gone now.

I didn't dive in the display driving code too deep. Just expected it to be simply SPI-driven. But after inspecting ugfx.cpp I understand your comment about physical pins 22 (and 24) being used for the display's RST (and DC). While this functions can easily be mapped to other pin's it definately makes sense to just stay with 22 and 24.

Another questing regarding the display: how are you controlling the backlight? Just wiring it to 3v3 (via a resistor)? Or are you using a switch and / or driving it by a (probably even PWM'ed) pin so it can be software controlled?

And yes, I am planning to mount it behind the 'window' of the ST1000 casing, so it can be read. I guestimated the used screen area of the Nokia-style display to around 20mm in height. As I measured the window to be roughly 19,5mm in height, is must be possible to install the display in such a way that it is readable enough to be of use.

Regarding a possible future O-led display: that's just a wild idea for the future. Firstly I'd like to have a working pilot. But I surely will keep you guys posted.

Below is an updated schematic with all the feedback from this topic taken into account. It doesn't look pretty, but has given me a lot of insight in the architecture of the whole system. Probably it will also help some other people understanding the system as well. So happy to share it.

Wasn't completely sure about the rudder sensor, I assumed it to be just a 5k potentiometer wired as voltage divider. Is that correct?

Button 6 is left out for now, as I am planning a second version of the schematic, which takes into account my thoughts about the physical layout that suits my situation. Button number six will appear again in that drawing Wink . Although I am not sure about the usage of it for now. But when I have a casing with 6 buttons in it, I would like to the option to use all 6 some day..

[Image: PyPilot-Schematic-0-2-FMJ.svg]

Feedback to this drawing still appreciated Smile

I used NTC not PTC thermistors, and they are wired to ground with 100k to 5v, you have this opposite.  R2 must be 10k not 1k.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions - by seandepagnier - 2019-03-20, 09:14 PM