This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to build own depth chart?
Is there a way that I can use OpenPlotter to create my own depth chart?

I have a number of uncharted/poorly charted areas as well as shifting sandbars that I would like to chart the depth of so I can find the best route through. Is there a way I can build a depth map with this software, something like many of the fishfinders have now? (Navionics contours, Garmin QuickDraw, etc...)

The other thing I'd really like to do, is be able to put some kind of portable unit on a dinghy and build a depth chart off that, as I really want to go over the area first with my dinghy to find the deep spots instead of grounding my sailboat over and over again. <grin>

Marvin

Messages In This Thread
How to build own depth chart? - by svMira - 2019-03-27, 04:17 PM
RE: How to build own depth chart? - by PaddyB - 2019-03-27, 05:50 PM
RE: How to build own depth chart? - by svMira - 2019-03-27, 05:53 PM