This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap tank level sending units - and a thought about dual station
If you search banggood.com for "marine level sender" they have some relatively inexpensive KUS (previously Wema) tank level sending units. I like the design, seems like little to go wrong with it. The Moeller one I have cost more than that and is complex and poorly made by comparison; it has been a source of problems. 

For my diesel tank since a single station sending unit can't be measured by two gauges in parallel, I was thinking perhaps I could put a simple relay in, so that when the key is off, sailing and dockside, Openplotter can measure the fuel level, and when the key is on it shows on the engine gauges. 

I've played with some inductive sensors, but they don't work on metal tanks, and are not as easily configured in WilhelmSK or Kip for example.

Messages In This Thread
Cheap tank level sending units - and a thought about dual station - by Saqqara - 2019-04-27, 12:01 AM