This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highwater indicator and battery monitor.
Hi festeraeb,

i made a voltage and current monitor based on a Microchip PAC1710 some years ago.

I used the Bluegiga BLE113 module running a basic script every second. It measures the
current with 1 mA accuracy and sums up the battery capacity.

The voltage measurement is laser trimmed inside the chip. Accuracy 10mV and 0.15 % typically.
Voltage range is 0 to 40 V. Current range is 10 A continously, 20 A peak.

My basic script keeps the actual capacity and saves it to a ring buffer every day. So you
can review the last 14 days. The advantage is that the BT module draws less than 1 mA from the
battery and is summing up the current every second. So you can keep it running all the time.

I have set up node red to receive the BT advertisement messages. It should not be a problem
to change the basic script to send out the data using advertisement. So you don´t need a
connection between the module and the Raspberry.

I need to grab a little but I guess I have some pcbs left.

Chris

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highwater indicator and battery monitor. - by BellaX - 2019-04-27, 08:31 AM