This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect ssb to rasp pi for wefax
I have Been successfully and happily using open plotter on a rpi3 for my primary navigation.  While I have gotten system working with a vesper ais, Raymarine instruments and remote tablets, I am a relative newbie with regard to the pi and linux, and I don’t use any of the OP functions beyond kplex and lan...

I have discovered the wefax function in opencpn and am trying to connect to it using my ssb. I have gotten the “retrieve” wefax function to work, but I get a failed to connect message. I’m reasonably sure I’ve got the ssb tuned correctly.

I am unsure of my audio connection between the ssb and the pi and openplotter.  I have a mini cable between the ssb headphone jack and an audio USB adapter on the pi.  I have no idea how to test if this is working, or if there is a better way. Also are there any adjustments that need to be made in OP.

Any thoughts on how to make the connection between the ssb and the pi and openplotter work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance?

Cheers
John

Messages In This Thread
Connect ssb to rasp pi for wefax - by Kcj - 2019-07-14, 01:49 PM