This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP Moitessier Hat
Thanks for the info on the compass and Openplotter 2.

I got to thinking about the Pi4 the other day and have a question about memory usage. If you boot off of the SD card and the charts are also stored on the SD card, what does the extra RAM buy you? What is it used for? I don't see any way of directing files or functions to the internal memory, so it must be more of a matter of how the running programs are written, which makes me wonder if the 4 GB version of the Pi 4 has more utility than a 1 GB version for OpenPlotter purposes.

It would be handy if the Pi could eventually boot off of its internal memory.

Thanks again for the assist. I haven't calibrated it yet, but will report back.

Messages In This Thread
OP Moitessier Hat - by StoneCrab - 2019-07-18, 05:51 PM
RE: OP Moitessier Hat - by jim321 - 2019-07-18, 08:15 PM
RE: OP Moitessier Hat - by StoneCrab - 2019-07-19, 01:11 AM
RE: OP Moitessier Hat - by Sailoog - 2019-07-19, 04:20 PM
RE: OP Moitessier Hat - by StoneCrab - 2019-07-19, 07:56 PM