This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin plotter crashes nmea communication
(2019-08-08, 07:57 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: So if the  chart plotter sends the message  GPAPB, then pypilot should  not switch modes, and  it should only change the course if  it is in the correct mode.

Otherwise **APB will change to the  needed mode?     Would this work for you?   I  think it's acceptable for now.

Hi Sean,

That is indeed what what i was thinking. I think this would be great for now, it keeps both functionality. Do you think checking each GPAPB line (mostly empty) would be an issue (performance) or would it be better to only proces and check the GPAPB if it is longer than an empty GPAPB (and or **APB)?, Perhaps with a future update if possible it may be nice to have an extra mode "Waypoint" or "Route" steering" combined with audio alarm (beeper on one of the gpio pins) and confirmation on course changes for arival and heading to the next waypoint.

Greetings and thanks for looking into this, Rob

Messages In This Thread
RE: Garmin plotter crashes nmea communication - by rmvdmrl - 2019-08-09, 11:07 AM