This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pypilot sync but no connection when engaged
Hi,

I didn't find anyone with the same problem, so I've created a new thread.

I have uploaded the motor.ino sketch succesfully to an arduino nano (clone I think) and it is connected in openplotter on the Raspberry pi 3B+ through USB.
When opening autopilot either on opencpn or within openplotter itself, it is recognized with the 'sync' status and no error flags. 
I have disabled all sensors in motor.ino because I have all the sensors on the Raspberry. I have also grounded all unused analog pins.
I receive statistics from the arduino from both pypilot on opencpn, and openplotter.

The trouble is, when I click on AP, engaging the autopilot, the status changes from 'sync' to 'no connection' instantly.
Only after restarting signalK from the Pypilot tab in openplotter, the connection is back again. Resetting the arduino with the reset button doesn't help.

I am unsure how this happens, the Arduino connection seems to freeze when engaging the autopilot and only comes back after signalk is restarted.
I feel it has something to do with either:

- pinout from the arduino to the stepper motor? (It is on h-bridge mode, tried pins 2 and 3, and tried pins 9 and 10 to the h-bridge of the stepper motor)
- motor.ino code configuration?

Hope someone can help me troubleshoot, I've included my motor.ino and screenshots of the https://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting results in the attachments.

Messages In This Thread
pypilot sync but no connection when engaged - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2019-08-10, 11:44 AM