This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L298N and Arduino Nano
I got myself an IR2104 (instead of an IR2101), which, in essence, has the similar inputs as the L298: direction and enable, instead on low side and high side. I tried the pwm_style=2 option as well, but found it unsatisfactory, with the sound coming out of the motor, and the motor hardly getting in motion, or very abrupt when slew parameters set close to 100. I then switched back to the pwm_style=0 ('h-bridge'), using only d2 and d3, whilst tying the EN pin of the driver to vcc. This seems to work fine for me in the lab. Tying EN to vcc was suggested as a test above, but I'm under the impression that the d2 and d3 outputs give me PWM as well, so I think I should not want for more. Is this true?  I'm aware that by doing so, the low side of my h-bridge is always engaged in rest, but frankly I don't really think I should care, should I?

Messages In This Thread
L298N and Arduino Nano - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2019-08-13, 05:17 PM
RE: L298N and Arduino Nano - by seandepagnier - 2019-08-14, 02:21 PM
RE: L298N and Arduino Nano - by seandepagnier - 2019-08-14, 08:36 PM
RE: L298N and Arduino Nano - by seandepagnier - 2019-08-15, 01:37 PM
RE: L298N and Arduino Nano - by ironman - 2019-08-31, 09:48 PM