This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonaut m7 touch monitor, sunscreen readable, P7X Water Sealed Front
(2019-08-21, 03:58 AM)mgrouch Wrote: Is it difficult to waterproof a computer board?
Will this method of soaking it in nonconductive epoxy
work with it?

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-...xy-method/

I’ve also read people use FayTech displays 
but they have no speakers which you want for anchor 
alarm and collision avoidance.

Waterproofing with epoxy can work for sealing electronics, though you need to keep in mind heat management. If you lock in the heat the board will overheat (not good!) With a low power monitor you may get away with it? Anything with a CPU (raspberry pi etc) though will likely overheat.

As for speakers in the monitor, my Faytech has some. That said every monitor I've seen (marine or otherwise) with speakers in it the speakers are garbage. Also you will need to leave the monitor on all night for the anchor alarm? I'd suggest instead to wire the audio out of whatever computer you're using to either your boat's audio system, or maybe another dedicated speaker system? (USB Speaker, Bluetooth etc) Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Argonaut m7 touch monitor, sunscreen readable, P7X Water Sealed Front - by mxtommy - 2019-08-21, 04:09 AM