This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrading pypilot
(2019-10-07, 07:37 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-10-07, 05:52 PM)hur450502 Wrote:
(2019-10-07, 03:06 PM)rastam4n Wrote: I can try and help but first which pypilot are your attempting to update?
Pypilot re:openplotter or Pypilot via Tiny Pilot... I suspect the later as you mention an image?
hi there and thanks for the fast reply, yes, it ist Tiny Pilot, ok??

Regards, Uwe

(2019-10-07, 03:14 PM)jim321 Wrote: which board rpi 3,4,zero,?  sys. openplotter ver 1.x/2.x ,tinypilot ?
use a large enough card to hold your charts too, 16g should do.
hi Jim, I think it is rpi zero - and I am using tiny pilot, ok??

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Uwe

Okay so the ssh password for the Tiny Pilot should be 

#TinyPilot
#SSH user name and pass
user: tc
pw: pypilot

Once you are there the conf file is in .pypilot/ dir
type
cd .pypilot/

regarding size? I would just open the TinyPilot up and use the same size that came with it. There is no need for extra space for maps etc on the Tiny Pilot.

And while you have the old TP SD card out of the Pi0 I would also make an image of it... just in case.

You can use Win32diskimager found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

To write the new image to a new  Sd card you can use Etcher found here https://www.balena.io/etcher/

I would not overwrite your existing sd card until you are certain the new one is working well. 

Once I have a working good copy I make a image of it again just to have, I also carry an sd card with a good image on it just in case the one in the TP goes bad... it has not happened to me with the TP yet but it has happened a few times using openplotter, better to be safe the sorry

Dear Jim,

thanks a lot, that helps, I successfully logged in I could  see and edit the file, etc. so, this - at least - is a start. Thank you very much. It is midnight now over here and I think, I will call it a day. So, I think I can dig through all of this now and get my pypilot upgraded and tested.... however, I have to say even the "old version" I am using is working great already.... but I have a tendency to be on the "bleeding edge" somehow :-)

Again, thanks a lot for your help - and be sure, I will be back with the next dumb questions ... :-)

Best regards,

Uwe

Messages In This Thread
upgrading pypilot - by hur450502 - 2019-10-07, 02:56 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by rastam4n - 2019-10-07, 03:06 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by hur450502 - 2019-10-07, 05:52 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by rastam4n - 2019-10-07, 07:37 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by hur450502 - 2019-10-07, 11:37 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by rastam4n - 2019-10-08, 12:00 AM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by hur450502 - 2019-10-08, 02:43 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by jim321 - 2019-10-07, 03:14 PM
RE: upgrading pypilot - by seandepagnier - 2019-10-08, 02:05 PM