This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK connection: instrument panel shows no displays
(2019-11-24, 08:13 PM)tkurki Wrote: Instrumentpanel is installed with the SK server, I don’t understand your comment about installing it from github.

And if you install it from github you have to install dependencies and build it. Far easier to just use it and install updates from the app store.

But first things first: what data sources do you have in the system? Is it just that you have no data?

I should clarify, I installed SignalK (which launches a tab in Chromium) then, when I click on @SignalK/Instrumentpanel (via Webapps) It doesn't show any widgets as demo does but it has a link in the center that says SignalK Instrument Panel that takes me to Github.  I then cloned that and installed that.  Is that needed?  

The data source is the Globalsat GPS dongle that I can see data from.  I have the connection as TCP localhost 10110.  Enabled.  Is that the best way to get GPS serial data?  I saw in the Openplotter document it lists several connections- how does one know which one to use and when?  

I am hoping to be able to display the widgets then, feed my GPS data to them.  Thanks tkurki

Messages In This Thread
RE: SignalK connection: instrument panel shows no displays - by kailolo - 2019-11-28, 10:27 AM