This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set eth0 static IP address ?
Having failed to get my Windows 10 laptop to connect to the OP WiFi AP I am now trying to set my Pi Ethernet port for a static IP address.
I have edited /etc/network/interfaces and it worked once but I think OP is overwriting this file so as to force 10.10.10.1 for the Wlan0

Is this the case and if so which script should I edit to allow me to force a static IP for eth0.

Bye the way if someone has successfully connected a W10 laptop using WiFi and DHCP Id be grateful for guidance.
I can connect my laptop to my router with WiFi (DHCP) but to connect to OP AP I have to set a static IP on my laptops WiFi connection. Does OP have a DHCP server ?

Thanks
Steve
  Huh

Messages In This Thread
How to set eth0 static IP address ? - by affinite - 2016-03-29, 11:59 AM