This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED][OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1
I have a provisional solution for users with a very old firmware installed in Moitessier HAT 1:

1. DO NOT use OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT edition, use OpenPlotter Starting edition.
2. Mount your HAT 1 in a RPi3 or RPi4 running OpenPlotter Starting edition. SPI should be disabled and openplotter-moitessier app should not be installed by default.
3. Update to latest kernel with:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

4. Edit /boot/config.txt file and add this line:

Code:
dtoverlay=i2c-gpio,i2c_gpio_sda=2,i2c_gpio_scl=3,bus=3

5. Reboot
6. Enable SPI in Menu->Preferences->Raspberry Pi configuration->Interfaces.
7. Install openplotter-moitessier app
8. Go to openplotter-moitessier app and in Drivers tab click on Download to get the latest package moitessier_4.19.93_1.4.1_armhf.deb and install it.
9. After installing the drivers and updating the firmware of your HAT 1 OpenPlotter will reboot and you are done.
10. Now you can use OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT edition if you want.

I will modify openplotter-moitessier app to do step 4 when installing and make this easier.

Test and report please.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OP2] Latest beta does not boot on RPI3+ with Moitessier HAT 1 - by Sailoog - 2020-01-31, 01:22 PM