This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the wind instuments output MWV and not VMR
(2020-01-26, 12:26 PM)PaddyB Wrote: The 2nd field in MWV should be 'R' for apparent wind , 'T' for true wind. Just tried it sending a MWV to sigK with 'r' then 't', R gets mapped to environment.wind.angleApparent and 'T' to environment.wind.angleTrueWater. 

Thank you for the explanation. The document from nmea.org is very informative.

I've sent an email to Autonnic with similar question and they answered that the sentence is as follows:

Quote:$WIMWV,aaa.a,R,ss.s,N,A*hhhhh<CR><LF>

So there is an R here which looks good. Now I just need to cross my fingers that my old good Navico TP200cx will interpret it correctly. In the guide they state:

Quote:The TP20 & TP30 also extracts the apparent wind angle from the following NMEA0183 sentences -
VWR Apparent Wind Speed & Angle
MWV Wind Speed & Angle

This resulted me going into initial confusion, but hopefully that will work as expected. BTW, the guy from Autonnic wrote that they could somehow change it in the device to make it talk with VWR if I wished.

Marek
S/Y Milonga
Jeanneau Fantasia 27
POL 18616, Gdańsk, POLAND

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the wind instuments output MWV and not VMR - by BeMarek - 2020-01-26, 03:39 PM