This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PyPilot with Raspberry Pi Motor Controller
Hello, I managed to get PyPilot running from my Raspberry alone without the need for an arduino, there are still some features missing of course, but I plan on adding them later, to make it a fully compatible replacement for the arduino driver.

I would like to commit the changes to the pypilot github repository, but there are some things I had to alter to make it work within pypilot, since it is currently hardcoded for the arduino.

For Sean:
What do you think would be the best procedure, if you're at all willing to merge the changes into pypilot, since from what I read you'reĀ against using the raspberry as the driver for the motor controller.

I was thinking about implementing a settings file option for configured which driver the user would like to use in the ~/.pypilot home directory. Or would you rather it was a commandline argument (which the program has none of atm.)

Let me hear your thoughts about this :-)

Messages In This Thread
PyPilot with Raspberry Pi Motor Controller - by ole - 2020-03-01, 04:09 PM