This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound when connecting liniair actuator on pypilot
Hi,

Quick question, I am using a liniair actuator on the pypilot connected to a h-bridge with a max rating of 40A.
I've set the maximum amp to 20 (as far as the client can go) but I think that will be sufficient.

When the actuator starts to rotate the electromotor within, it sounds different than running it on a "normal" autopilot controller.
It works, but it has a (how should I describe) "whistle" or "constant beep" sound when it activates.

I guess it has to do something with the gains, but no matter what gains I try or amp setting, it keeps making the sound.
When doing long passages, I'd like the motor to be quiet.

Any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
Sound when connecting liniair actuator on pypilot - by jamos.tan@gmail.com - 2020-03-24, 05:06 PM