This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot motor output
Hi, 
I am new to this and this and have a very hard time finding info about this... 
I just bought a moitessier hat 2 and a raspberry pi 4. I have installed open plotter and everything seems to work. 
 the communications between the programs seems to be set up from start so i assume open cpn and pypilot are communicating.
My goal is to set up a route in open cpn and have the boat follow it.

My questions; 
-What program outputs the directions for the motor driver? 
-And in what "form"(nmea?) is the output? 

I first assumed that the info when following a chart route went like this: 
Open Cpm -->  Pypilot --> motor
But the serial connections in pypilot however seem to only be inputs?

I have connected an arduino nano every to the raspberry via usb and i can find it amongst the serial connections but then how do i set it up as a motor output? 
I have some experience with arduinos and have controlled larger motors before and hoped it would be quite easy to read a direction from the raspberry pi and just drive the motor a bit... however the motor.ino seems very complex

Messages In This Thread
Pypilot motor output - by janne - 2020-03-26, 11:02 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by ironman - 2020-04-10, 10:00 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by janne - 2020-04-13, 02:51 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by seandepagnier - 2020-04-14, 02:08 AM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by janne - 2020-04-15, 10:40 AM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by ironman - 2020-04-15, 12:01 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by asahi - 2020-04-26, 04:11 PM
RE: Pypilot motor output - by seandepagnier - 2020-04-27, 01:17 AM