This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPAPB and tacking in wind mode
Hi Sean, 

I have recently (have been away for a while) upgraded TP to the 21122019 and noticed that the GPAPB was switching to compass mode again (and code on GIT is still the same) so I've made a Pull request on GIT for that. I did test it on my TP and seemed to work.

I also noticed that tacking in wind mode and ap active results in a crash and restart (connecting to server)  I hope you can look in to that to me it seems something must be in line 124 (tacking) but can’t see what’s wrong.
The code for tacking seems complicated to me with the turning rate and the PD filter. Hope if others already have some experience with tacking on compass mode they are willing to share this here. I have not been able to try this on the open (Well I have been trying but i didn’t calibrate the IMU on the new images and got no good reading) and tacking in the harbor (and with a non calibrated IMU) does turn the rudder a bit (5 degrees or so), halts and gives an occasional puls. I guess there is no turning so no turning rate etc.

Hope to try it out for myself soon.

Greetings Rob 

Messages In This Thread
GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by rmvdmrl - 2020-05-16, 08:19 PM
RE: GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by ironman - 2020-05-19, 07:46 AM
RE: GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by rmvdmrl - 2020-05-19, 07:28 PM
RE: GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by rmvdmrl - 2020-05-24, 02:23 PM
RE: GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by johnm - 2020-06-05, 07:47 PM
RE: GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by ddelorme - 2020-06-03, 11:07 PM
RE: GPAPB and tacking in wind mode - by johnm - 2020-06-06, 03:56 PM