This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
... pipe a NMEA Script from Garmin GND10 using FDX -> NMEA into openplotter
Bug 
Hello,
my Boat gets a new Garmin G Sail Pack.
Included in the Garmin Pack is a "BlackBox" GND 10 which translates between the propretary Nexus Network Protokoll FDX and N2K.
The GND10 has also a MiniUSB Port to connect a Windows PC to run the Nexus Race analysis Software an to calibrate the transducer's or other navigation Software.
So i tried to read the serial Stream that comes out of it in hope it is NMEA, but it wasnt.
I search and foud a cool norwegian man that tried succesfully to figure out what come's out of the Miniusb Port
https://lassekarstensen.wordpress.com/20...nexus-fdx/

after a while and a little issue with the script's off Lasse i get it also to run.
using a new Input in OpenCPN and netcat using the following piped call:
/home/pi/GND10read/dumpserial.py | /home/pi/GND10read/fdxdecode.py | /home/pi/GND10read/nmeaformat.py |nc -u 127.0.0.1 1234

But i am not able to pipe it directly into KPLEX or SignalK what schould be better.

I also get a hint from Tkurki from the SignalK Slack "forum" to pipe the script into a piped provider off the signalK node server config, what also dont run.
i attached my config try for configure a piped executer.

i am so hopefully that anyone can help me.

Attached Files
.txt   openplotter-settings.json.txt (Size: 2.08 KB / Downloads: 194)

Messages In This Thread
... pipe a NMEA Script from Garmin GND10 using FDX -> NMEA into openplotter - by first317 - 2017-01-14, 08:32 AM