This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling Pypilot
Hello,
Having got Pypilot sorted out running on its own Pi, I've been noodling around with Openplotter running on a separate Pi.  I've sorted out a bridge to our aged SeaTalk 1 network using SignalK and everything is now playing nicely together.  Pypilot has got all the wind and GPS info it needs for all of the modes to work properly.

In reading around, I've stumbled on the AutoPilot SignalK plugin which is now happily talking to our SeaTalk / AutoHelm instruments, and the obvious question is now how would I go about linking things up so that using the AutoHelm instruments I can activate / deactivate Pypilot.  I had thought that there would be an NMEA sentence that covered this, but I think that it's actually handled by the internal Pypilot comms on port 23322.  I don't suppose that something already exists to do this does it?  A handy dandy bit of code that monitors the $STALK sentences whilst connected to port 23322 and translating between the two?

Or have I got it completely wrong, and there's a magic switch or plugin somewhere within Pypilot / OpenPlotter / SignalK that already bridges the very old with the very new?

Cheers
Dez

Messages In This Thread
Controlling Pypilot - by diverdezzy - 2022-10-19, 08:06 AM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by seandepagnier - 2022-10-19, 06:36 PM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by diverdezzy - 2022-10-20, 08:46 PM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by TiPegleg - 2022-10-21, 06:54 PM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by seandepagnier - 2022-10-21, 01:21 AM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by TiPegleg - 2022-10-21, 06:58 PM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by sd_tom - 2022-10-25, 01:52 AM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by mgrouch - 2022-10-25, 03:43 AM
RE: Controlling Pypilot - by sd_tom - 2022-10-25, 04:11 AM