This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMU not detected - GY-91 sensor module (BMP-280 & MPU9250)
(2023-06-08, 07:43 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: Well this is probably of no use to you but let me try. I have a gy-91 and it works fine.

Pi4 4GB, OPv3 64bit, all latest updates.

I connect the gy-91 (powering the 3.3V pin from 3.3V on the pi)

I run some tests to check that the pi can see both BMP280 and the IMU and that works fine

i2cdetect -y 1 shows the correct addresses - 68 (MPU), 76 (BMP280)

Start Pypilot (v3.2.13), and it shows Detected IMU-925x

I select IMU only

Approve the access request and give read/write permissions

In Pypilot I seem to need to click IMU only again but after that the data appears in Signal K

I can calibrate the device in Pypilot without issue.

I know there have been issues with some gy-91s but my experience is different.

I'd be happy to send one of you my gy-91 to try if you like.

Note I am connecting directly to the pi, not via a PICAN hat.

Hi  Baltika_no_9,

Thanks for the reply and that is very useful information.

I also have a  Pi4 4GB, OPv3 64bit, all latest updates

However I had the GY-91 connected to the GPIO 5V pin and at the other end the wire was connect to the VIN pin on the module.  I've now changed it to your pin settings.  

Running  i2cdetect -y   I only get the 76 for the BMP820 

PyPilot still shows 

Detected IMU: none
Detected Hardware: No PyPilot HAT detected
No UART0 port detected

I too am directly connecting to the Pi GPIO 

I'm starting to wonder if the GY-91 is faulty.  Thank you for the offer to send a module to test.   I'm in Perth, West Australia and I suspect you are far away :-)  I might order a second module to confirm my suspicions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMU not detected - GY-91 sensor module (BMP-280 & MPU9250) - by Tom60 - 2023-06-09, 04:58 AM