This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My 10" Openplotter Build-in-a-box
Thats a great build and a great explanation too. I am using a 1250 nit 10.1 inch screen from Digiwise for my build as this project is to replace Navionics on iPad which is a great application but the screen is useless in sunlight. The Digiwise screen I purchased is really bright and that's the reverse problem to yours. I now have to work out how to dim the screen as it is too bright at dusk and in low light conditions, it actually hurts to look at it in the dark. 

It has really good touch features which work great when wet and using gestures such as pinch to zoom so ideally I want to use a slider. First I need to get the correct connectors to make up the cables to connect the screen brightness control pins to the Raspberry Pi I2C pins then I need to write some code. If anyone has any pointers I would be grateful.

Messages In This Thread
My 10" Openplotter Build-in-a-box - by JohnL - 2023-08-21, 04:51 AM
RE: My 10" Openplotter Build-in-a-box - by JohnL - 2023-08-21, 04:12 PM
RE: My 10" Openplotter Build-in-a-box - by PaddyB - 2023-08-22, 07:50 AM
RE: My 10" Openplotter Build-in-a-box - by Hillzzz - 2023-11-16, 08:03 PM