This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard over time & compass calibration
As for saving calibration, it all sits in the pypilot.conf file. You can manually make copies of it for emergency situations, where your calibration got messed up and you don't have a calm sea to sail your calibration circle (been there). For myself, I have added a few lines to /opt/bootlocal.sh (see code snipplet) on the tinypilot that restores a known, working copy of pypilot.conf prior to starting up. That has its obvious disadvantages (like: changes to any setting are not persistent, unless you update the backup) but for myself I'm willing to live with it. 

For testing the hard-over time I always count the seconds out loud ;-) or am I misinterpreting your question.

Code:
   date >> $DEBUG
   cp -f /home/tc/.pypilot/pypilot.conf.restore /home/tc/.pypilot/pypilot.conf
   chown tc:staff /home/tc/.pypilot/pypilot.conf
   echo 'running pypilot' >> $DEBUG
   sv u pypilot

note: /opt/bootlocal.sh runs as root, so remember to chown the file to tc : staff otherwise pypilot cannot write its own file.

Messages In This Thread
Hard over time & compass calibration - by kniven - 2023-12-18, 09:50 AM
RE: Hard over time & compass calibration - by ironman - 2023-12-18, 11:38 AM