This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard over time & compass calibration
(2023-12-21, 03:45 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Why do you want a full hard over command?  What problem are you trying to solve?

If you command the servo directly like that, it will timeout if you do not continuously send commands.  Otherwise you could command in position mode (if rudder feedback) or possibly just initiate a tack if that makes more sense.
I was curious to know if my hard over time was within specs. I have an adjustable hydraulic pump, so in case my rudder moves too fast/slowly, I could make some adjustments there.
I do have rudder feedback, so I could try the issue the rudder position command. 
Could you please provide the correct command (something similar to "pypilot_client position.command=-30"?)

I have also made several attempts to build the Tinypilot from the current code. My current setup is an old image (tinypilot_2021_11_16.img.xz), from which I try to pull and build the code. The pulling works fine (using instructions from the wiki (Upgrading tinypilot remotely)), and the build completes without any issues. However there is no working web interface when I try to run/reboot with the updated code. Rolling back to the original build works fine. 
I think i tried with the latest image (23_10_20_beta), but if i remember correctly, I got similar issues with that one.
You were mentioning a new (working?) image should be available soon. Any chance that "soon" is soon?

Thanks again, Sean, for this marvelous product! It is really great!

Messages In This Thread
Hard over time & compass calibration - by kniven - 2023-12-18, 09:50 AM
RE: Hard over time & compass calibration - by kniven - 2023-12-21, 10:00 AM