This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MCP3008 10 bit Analog to Digital converter
I have experimented a little using the MCP3008 to read current from a smaller and simpler Hall effect current sensor. For some application 10 bit is enough and the MCP3008 has 8 single ended channels and 4 if used differential. Differential measurements makes more sense for these type of current sensors. 

The MCP3008 can also be used for voltage measurements and for this type a single ended measurement is quite ok, it also provide twice as many channels. 

The current measurement is documented at my project pages :  
https://sites.google.com/site/olewsaa/ya...all-sensor

Please feel free to include any of this content in the Openplotter pages. Some day I'll try to find time and energy to include the MCP3008 in the Openplotter code in a similar way as ADS1115 in differential mode, including some contribution to the Openplotter documentation.

Regards,
Ole

Messages In This Thread
Using MCP3008 10 bit Analog to Digital converter - by olewsaa - 2017-06-07, 08:11 PM