This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless GPS and environmental senders
(2017-10-20, 11:53 AM)PaddyB Wrote: I've been having a play with esp8266 . Powering straight off the 12v into Vin pin. Regulators gets a bit warm though..

sending MQTT over wifi from a victron mppt solar regulator, seems to crash now and again though..

MQTT is great for monitoring, it gets sent to the Pi then node red sends it to the web as well so FRED can make a chart for viewing anywhere.

That sounds great Paddy. 12V to Vin - wow I wasn't aware this is working. Which board exactly are you using?

In my home environment I'm using http to send the data. Got some webspace running php and mysql. The ESP transmits the data via a simple GET request to a PHP script, which saves the data to a MySQL DB. The server is running anyways so I'm saving the local Pi/Mosquitto and wont have to use cloud MQTT. I like to keep my data for myself Smile
For security I'm using simple HTTP_AUTH.
When I'm running the Pi I can easily connect node-red to the database and when I'm on the way I'm using a little website I've set up to view the data.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wireless GPS and environmental senders - by shark24 - 2017-10-20, 02:06 PM