This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug ins ?
(2016-04-28, 09:31 AM)tkoning Wrote: Hi
how is the experia table behaving in bright sunlight ? can you still read the display ?
If you want an alarm for low battery try a resitor bridge and an AD converter. I would not risk a direct coupling of the pi (and using the built in AD converter) to this bridge, but you should be able to use an arduino nano and an optocoupler connection to the raspberry Pi

Hi, the Xperia isn't great in direct sunlight but under the sprayhood it's fine, or even stand between it and the sun. Cleaning the fingerprints helps Smile
Getting voltage into the Pi is no problem, already there's an arduino mega doing various other duties with a 16bit a/d connected waiting for something to do. I'm not sure of a way to get a tablet to sound an alarm though, been playing with a macro app on the tablet which seems powerful, but no way for it to take data from an mqtt feed.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Plug ins ? - by PaddyB - 2016-04-27, 10:21 PM
RE: Plug ins ? - by tkoning - 2016-04-28, 09:31 AM
RE: Plug ins ? - by PaddyB - 2016-04-28, 09:40 AM
RE: Plug ins ? - by Sailoog - 2016-04-29, 09:08 PM
RE: Plug ins ? - by PaddyB - 2016-04-30, 05:43 PM
RE: Plug ins ? - by PaddyB - 2016-04-30, 08:38 PM