This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to data on Access point
I don't seem to be able to both use the wlan0 as an access point and connect to the internet with the Eth0 connection (on my Rpi 3).  I thought when I checked the box in openplotter WiFi AP for Sharing internet device as eth0 that would allow an internet connection over eth0, but that does not seem to be the case.  I tried enabling the bridge to eth0, but that did not work either.  The only way I can get the eth0 to connect to the intenet is to turn off the Access Point.  I am correct in this or have I missed something.

thanks,
Ron

The other issue I have is that even though the Access point is started at start up, my kbox does not connect until I go the NMEA 0183 tab and click on Restart. Do I need to have the kbox start before OpenPlotter on Rpi (I will check that configuration)?

Ron

Messages In This Thread
Access to data on Access point - by CapnRon - 2017-09-07, 02:39 AM
RE: Access to data on Access point - by CapnRon - 2017-09-07, 04:38 AM
RE: Access to data on Access point - by Sailoog - 2017-09-07, 07:28 PM
RE: Access to data on Access point - by CapnRon - 2017-09-08, 03:23 AM
RE: Access to data on Access point - by CapnRon - 2017-09-12, 07:52 PM
RE: Access to data on Access point - by CapnRon - 2017-09-13, 12:21 AM
RE: Access to data on Access point - by CapnRon - 2017-09-13, 01:29 AM