This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to monitor the boat using MQTT or SMS ?
When I arrived at my boat this spring after she had been afloat over winter in the marina I found that my solar panels had shorted and my Ultrasonic anitfouling system had run the batteries flat. 
Consequently, I had an expensive bill (for 7 new batteries and a solar regulator) which I dont want to repeat next year so ...

I already use OP for navigation and realtime monitoring of the boat systems (tanks and batteries) but havent done anything wrt remote monitoring when away from the boat.

I know some of you have implemented SMS,Twitter, MQTT etc and Id appreciate advice on best way to do it. (I know that the OP manual is still "work in progress")

My OP Pi already monitors my 3 battery banks and I have SignalK names for each bank but I would now like that info sent to me daily so I can keep an eye on the state of my batteries and alert the boatyard if necessary

I am in the UK, the boat is in Greece. 
There isnt any WiFi available but there is good 4G.
Any recommendations gratefully considered.

Thanks
Steve

Messages In This Thread
How to monitor the boat using MQTT or SMS ? - by affinite - 2017-10-12, 01:32 PM