This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to monitor the boat using MQTT or SMS ?
(2017-10-14, 10:19 AM)affinite Wrote: Thanks for all suggestions and comments so far  Smile

Real-Time monitoring and MQTT would be nice, and I am a fan of Node-Red but internet connection is an issue as I dont have reliable WiFi in the boatyard. In essence, its a battery low voltage alert that I need so maybe an OP driven SMS from a GSM Dongle would be better for me.
Its interesting exploring the options though.
Steve

So if you dont like my node red solution and want to save your power get an arduino pro mini + GSM module + something to measure the voltage like the ina219. Put it to deepsleep and wake it every hour to get the voltage. If its below a certain value let it send a message to you in form of a SMS, mail, what ever.
Google the key words there are many youtube videos regarding this topics. You can get the job done in less than 2h.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to monitor the boat using MQTT or SMS ? - by shark24 - 2017-10-14, 12:10 PM