This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPi1 - Noobs 0.10.0
Is the Pi2 still supported?

I ask because I am having difficulties with a headless silent install.

I've done this process 3 times now:
- Latest Noobs onto SDFormated 16gb card
- Powered up the Pi, ACT light flashes for about 15secs then stops as if it is stalling at a "select OS to install" screen.
- Allowed to sit for 30mins then power cycle and 5mins untouched to boot.
- I can ping 10.10.10.1 from LAN but no SSH or VNC access. This makes me think it has installed...
- Looked at the SD card on Linux machine, only shows "Settings" volume. I do not see a "root" vol. Windows OS shows "Backup" and another volume it cannot read, I assume that's the "Settings" volume. This makes me think it has NOT installed...

- I did try a HDMI but I think the Pi output is not strong enough to trigger the screen on...
- Tried 0.8.0 IMG flashed onto a card, it booted. After running upgrade and update openplotter was still 0.8.0. Tried git clone to OP folder but then OP stopped working. So now back to trying 0.10.0 Noobs.

Not sure what else to try, I'd really like it to work headless for emergency re-install situations. Edit some prefs in the Noobs OS before install? Ideas?

EDIT* Figured out the GPIO UART access. Takes my PuTTY to "Welcome to rescue system". Logged in and it's sitting at a #.
EDIT* Confirmed that a fresh copy of Noobs OP when first booted takes my PuTTY UART connection directly to rescue system login. Trying to figure out what commands I can use to "install" the op OS directory but am a bit lost.

Quote:If the SD card was not previously initialized correctly, you may get to the rescue system:

Welcome to the rescue system
recovery login: root
Password: raspberry
# pwd
/root

If this message appears, that means that the SD card was not properly initialized. With NOOBs, the initial installation needs to be completed with a keyboard and mouse. After the initial install, the keyboard or monitor are no longer needed.

Messages In This Thread
RPi1 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Denham - 2017-11-24, 09:02 PM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Sailoog - 2017-11-25, 12:27 PM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Denham - 2017-11-26, 12:33 AM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by jim321 - 2017-11-26, 01:06 AM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Denham - 2017-11-26, 02:46 AM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Denham - 2017-11-28, 01:46 AM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Sailoog - 2017-11-29, 07:27 PM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Denham - 2017-11-29, 10:47 PM
RE: RPi2 - Noobs 0.10.0 - by Sailoog - 2017-11-30, 07:33 PM