This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMEA Stream stop when internet connection gets lost
Hi, I just drove my boat into winter stock. It took 4 days, up the river Elbe and Moldau, from Germany to Czech Republic. On the voyage, there are areas with bad or without internet coverage.

I use a huawei Stick, which is recognized as eth1, so eth1 is the device for internet sharing in the wifi ap tab.

The stick has a LED, that shows light blue, if there is 3G Connection, dark blue if EDGE, and green if only GSM available.

Everey time the LED went green, the NMEA stream dropped, and did not came back even when the LED was blue again.

The Node Red Dashboard worked and showed temeperatures without any interruption. But the NMEA stream with the Position / AIS was empty.

KPLEX restart did not restore the funktionality in most cases. Only a hard reset of the Raspberry brought it back to work.

What can that be?

Greetings from Dresden! Smile

Messages In This Thread
NMEA Stream stop when internet connection gets lost - by ElbeTaxi - 2017-12-01, 10:46 AM