This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MacArthur HAT production
Quote:@rszemeti: On the mechanical and electrical side, the V1 HAT does work with the Pi 5. The only thing to watch is, that the pins of the MAIANA connector don't touch the metal shielding of the USB connectors. Maybe put a piece of plastic under the HAT in that area.

Perfect I shall order a Pi5 then and slap it on with suitable spacers/unsulators etc to ensure it doesn't touch.

I am hoping the increased processing speed of the Pi5 will make my plotter a little more responsive. I'm not fussed about upgrading to OpenPlotter4, It's taken me long enough to get this set up how I like it .. so I'm hoping just popping the SD card out of the Pi4 will work on the Pi5 ... maybe.

Will the MacArthur power module be enough to power a Pi5? I ssume the Pi5 has increased current draw?
Hi, you will need OP4 on a Pi5 as the OS has changed. You can’t just swap the card across, the Pi4 software won’t work with Pi5. Power module does work and has been confirmed in another thread.
Will you be selling the IMU Board for the MacArthur HAT?
If not, do you have the number?

Thank you in advance

Yak
Really looking forward to getting my hands on one! Any update on the on-sale date? or have I missed the boat?
Ok here we go, sorry for the delay but some paperwork needed to be done.
  • MacArthut HAT v1.2 will be available for purchasing on Saturday, February 10, 2024, 17:00 UTC in OpenMarine (Catalonia) and Wegmatt (US) web-shops.
  • MacArthur HAT is $65/€62 and Power module is $16/€15. They come with everything you need to connect to your Raspberry Pi 4/5 (GPIO header extender, standoffs, nuts, screws and screw terminals).
  • OpenMarine web-shop orders may still take some days to ship.
  • If you were a beta-tester, do not buy in web-shops, simply contact us by email to get the MacArthur HAT for $32.5/€31.
  • There is another batch on the way so do not worry if you are late for this one.

Good luck and thanks for your support.
(2024-02-07, 10:25 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Ok here we go, sorry for the delay but some paperwork needed to be done.
  • MacArthut HAT v1.2 will be available for purchasing on Saturday, February 10, 2024, 17:00 UTC in OpenMarine (Catalonia) and Wegmatt (US) web-shops.
  • MacArthur HAT is $65/€62 and Power module is $16/€15. They come with everything you need to connect to your Raspberry Pi 4/5 (GPIO header extender, standoffs, nuts, screws and screw terminals).
  • OpenMarine web-shop orders may still take some days to ship.
  • If you were a beta-tester, do not buy in web-shops, simply contact us by email to get the MacArthur HAT for $32.5/€31.
  • There is another batch on the way so do not worry if you are late for this one.

Good luck and thanks for your support.

The alarm is set and the mouse is poised.  Thanks to everyone involved in the design, build, and testing of these boards.  The price is remarkable given the time which must have been spent getting here.
Yes, a lot of time and a lot of money invested, but also a lot of fun Smile
You're making some quick adjustments, that's impressive.
so is anyone hitting the refresh button? refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh
I was able to order from Megawatt successfully. Openmarine store seems to be overloaded at the moment.