This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 released!
As I stated before. OpenPlotter 2.00 beta works here for several weeks now. The most usefull functions are allready available and work very well on the RPI4 with the latest Buster updates and kernel versions.

Kplex works, SignalK works, OpenCPN etc. Why wait to get out a beta ?

This how is the status of software.

Attached Files Image(s)

kplex does not work yet for OP 2.

We need to have ready at least all apps involved in the current OP hardware (Moitessier HAT, CAN-USB stick). I think we can publish a beta after openplotter-pypilot, openplotter-moitessier, openplotter-serial and openplotter-can apps release. All these apps are already in construction and some of  them are ready and need just to be adapted to the new system. Next days we will publish an openplotter-myapp app that is a template to make easy build apps an hopefully we can get more help.
(2019-09-05, 10:38 AM)Sailoog Wrote: kplex does not work yet for OP 2.

We need to have ready at least all apps involved in the current OP hardware (Moitessier HAT, CAN-USB stick). I think we can publish a beta after openplotter-pypilot, openplotter-moitessier, openplotter-serial and openplotter-can apps release. All these apps are already in construction and some of  them are ready and need just to be adapted to the new system. Next days we will publish an openplotter-myapp app that is a template to make easy build apps an hopefully we can get more help.

Kplex is working here for signalK_in (TCP 10110) and signalK_out (UDP 30330)

The missing applications are not what most users need and can be added later with the new nice installer.

Anyway, it is allready a great software development for the Pi !  And running it on a Pi4 is super.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-09-05, 10:02 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: As I stated before. OpenPlotter 2.00 beta works here for several weeks now. The most usefull functions are allready available and work very well on the RPI4 with the latest Buster updates and kernel versions.

Kplex works, SignalK works, OpenCPN etc. Why wait to get out a beta ?

This how is the status of software.

As I stated before. I have OP2 loaded and running and what works now, works good, but it is useless to me without the IMU/autopilot function. People have different needs it is a mistake to think what works good for you is good for everyone.
Hi all,

First post here, so be gentle.

Also, brand new to OP. Have been meaning to get playing with it on RP3 for some time. But now RP4 has arrived and I have no more excuses.

So, I'm starting my first install of OP2 beta 07 following @verkerkbr (Bram's) guidance at https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2019/0...guide.html

First question I have ... do I still need the beta Linux kernel (rpi-update)? I read in this thread that was needed earlier in about mid August. Have things moved on since then? 

Beta kernel is currently -- 4.19.69-v7l+ #1261 SMP Tue Sep 3 20:25:01 BST 2019 ... just a day or two old

Thanks in advance, Dave
SV Venture, Seattle
Nop, forget rpi-update.
(2019-09-05, 05:35 PM)SV Venture Wrote: Hi all,

First post here, so be gentle.

Also, brand new to OP. Have been meaning to get playing with it on RP3 for some time. But now RP4 has arrived and I have no more excuses.

So, I'm starting my first install of OP2 beta 07 following @verkerkbr (Bram's) guidance at https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2019/0...guide.html

First question I have ... do I still need the beta Linux kernel (rpi-update)? I read in this thread that was needed earlier in about mid August. Have things moved on since then? 

Beta kernel is currently -- 4.19.69-v7l+ #1261 SMP Tue Sep 3 20:25:01 BST 2019 ... just a day or two old

Thanks in advance, Dave

SV Venture, Seattle

You do not need to update the latest kernel version with rpi-update. These are beta test kernels. However the latest kernel works very well and fast here. By the way OpenPlotter is also still beta.

You can also update the Linux Buster version. Can be done in terminal with: sudo apt update (to renew the file list) and then sudo apt upgrade. Then you have the latest stable updates of Linux Buster.

This updates also include the latest stable kernel version.

What allready works  with OP 2.00, proves to be very stable.

I have allready installed it on the boat and in use for several weeks.

With the RPI4 you have to look for the higher temperature of the processor. I'am using the Flirc alu case with act as a cooling medium, because it is connected via a pad with the main processor.

In SignalK you can set on the temperature gauge. This gives the actual processor temperature in C. It is here around 33 oC.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-09-05, 05:35 PM)SV Venture Wrote: ........

Thanks in advance, Dave
SV Venture, Seattle

Hi !

No big deal but, the mentioned blog is mine ......

As a bonus Smile   I enclose a link to OpenPlotter related posts.

https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/search...%2FPlotter

Enjoy !

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
(2019-09-08, 09:25 AM)MatsA Wrote:
(2019-09-05, 05:35 PM)SV Venture Wrote: ........

Thanks in advance, Dave
SV Venture, Seattle

Hi !

No big deal but, the mentioned blog is mine ......

As a bonus Smile   I enclose a link to OpenPlotter related posts.

https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/search...%2FPlotter

Enjoy !

Hero Blog!
@Sailoog & @verkerkbr

Guys, thanks for the guidance about not upgrading to beta kernel.

@MatsA

Sorry about confusion. Indeed the killer blog and guidance is yours. Good job. Keep it up.

I succeeded in getting OP2 beta 7 loaded and working. My first-ever OP / OCPN load, and on a RPI4 no less.

Just having some issues with the _network module. I want to avoid polluting this thread with my network-related questions (off topic for this thread), so where's the best place for me to post / collaborate?

Thanks again for great community spirit guys Smile

Dave, SV Venture
Seattle