This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 released!
Sorry I guess I mean thanks to Max1947
MatsA Wrote: Wrote:Hi ! in the empty box, in SignalK, to the right You must write /dev/ttyUSB0  The drop down list just shows You the available values. Not Cristal clear ;-)

Hi, Not clear I agree :
In my /dev directory, there is no ttyUSB0 file ! Only  ttyACM0 and TTYAMA0 !  Huh
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /dev/tty*
/dev/tty    /dev/tty19  /dev/tty3   /dev/tty40  /dev/tty51  /dev/tty62
/dev/tty0   /dev/tty2   /dev/tty30  /dev/tty41  /dev/tty52  /dev/tty63
/dev/tty1   /dev/tty20  /dev/tty31  /dev/tty42  /dev/tty53  /dev/tty7
/dev/tty10  /dev/tty21  /dev/tty32  /dev/tty43  /dev/tty54  /dev/tty8
/dev/tty11  /dev/tty22  /dev/tty33  /dev/tty44  /dev/tty55  /dev/tty9
/dev/tty12  /dev/tty23  /dev/tty34  /dev/tty45  /dev/tty56  /dev/ttyACM0
/dev/tty13  /dev/tty24  /dev/tty35  /dev/tty46  /dev/tty57  /dev/ttyAMA0
/dev/tty14  /dev/tty25  /dev/tty36  /dev/tty47  /dev/tty58  /dev/ttyprintk
/dev/tty15  /dev/tty26  /dev/tty37  /dev/tty48  /dev/tty59
/dev/tty16  /dev/tty27  /dev/tty38  /dev/tty49  /dev/tty6
/dev/tty17  /dev/tty28  /dev/tty39  /dev/tty5   /dev/tty60
/dev/tty18  /dev/tty29  /dev/tty4   /dev/tty50  /dev/tty61
pi@raspberrypi:~ $
Forcing ttyUSB0  in the connection SK form results in SK error. Confused
Eventually, I could get OP to work with ttyACM0, which was proposed in the form list ...
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

(2019-09-14, 08:04 AM)Didier B Wrote:
MatsA Wrote: Wrote:Hi ! in the empty box, in SignalK, to the right You must write /dev/ttyUSB0  The drop down list just shows You the available values. Not Cristal clear ;-)

Hi, Not clear I agree :
In my /dev directory, there is no ttyUSB0 file ! Only  ttyACM0 and TTYAMA0 !  Huh
Forcing ttyUSB0  in the connection SK form results in SK error. Confused
Eventually, I could get OP to work with ttyACM0, which was proposed in the form list ...

Serial devices appears with different names on different RPis. Therefore You should pick the right device, from the list, that matches You installation.
Additional hints here https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-serve...eal-inputs

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
Your serial devices can be named ttyACM0, ttyUSB0... and sometimes they can be renamed like ttyACM1, ttyUSB1... and that is a big problem because you have to modify Signal K or any app using your serial device.

This is what we use the openplotter-serial app for. This app remembers the id, manufacturer... of your device and you assign an alias to it. You can set Signal K with the alias and the device will be always linked with it. If you have identical devices with same id, etc, you can select remembering by the position in the USB HUB.
I have published a openplotter 2 roadmap: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1992
(2019-09-14, 06:49 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have published a openplotter 2 roadmap: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1992

Ok, thanks, I finally understood. Excuse my ignorance (maybe it's the advancing old age).  Big Grin Tongue
I see pypilot can be installed now, just for IMU calibration but it’s a start!
(2019-09-17, 12:20 AM)rastam4n Wrote: I see pypilot can be installed now, just for IMU calibration but it’s a start!

Some issues have to be fixed in pypilot code before going forward. As you will see the 3D boat is not rendered in calibration window and there are some problems with python2/3 compatibility.
(2019-09-17, 04:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-09-17, 12:20 AM)rastam4n Wrote: I see pypilot can be installed now, just for IMU calibration but it’s a start!

Some issues have to be fixed in pypilot code before going forward. As you will see the 3D boat is not rendered in calibration window and there are some problems with python2/3 compatibility.

Yah i was like where is the boat? Really its only needed as a visual reference you can tell if its level simply by looking at the pitch roll and heel values... I was able to get a calibration eventually, but my boat in opencpn does not seem to be getting the data as to which direction i am facing and the dashboard is not populating the compass data like true hdg true compass pitch and heel etc. I am sure I am missing something, how to link the imu data to signal k maybe?
You have just to convert magneticHeading, pitch and roll from SK to NMEA 0183 using the SK plugin.
If you have got a calibration you should see the correct heading. How many degrees of difference from real heading do you have?