This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-10-23, 03:47 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Sorry guys, you know last week was hard here in Catalonia...
Back to the work.

Do not try to install moitessier drivers yet, they are only for RPi3.

Hi, here is everything that works so far with OP-2 ... good work!

[img][Image: YUuSYK.jpg][/img]
Hi,
Tar is out of the water. did not get much sailing in this year... 
Pypilot and OP worked nice, once I sorted out a few bugs..

Winter Projects
My esp32 wireless wind vane/ anchor light worked very well. Once i make a few minor changes to the board i will publish it.
I want to add the option of seeing the the wind data and controlling the anchor light via web when not connected to the rpi. Also adding a option to control reporting rate currently 10hz

The code for reporting and configuring a EPsolar charge controller is a work in progress. but it reports in SignalK and lets me change settings. I have an issue with the load switch... 

My rpi3 currently has a proto hat with a imu and temp/humidity sensor mounted on it. 1wire, power, reset ,anchor light switch... are run off screw terminals on the proto hat. It is powered with a buck converter. I had heat problems a few times removing the cover corrected this.  

I bought a rpi4 for this years upgrade and a bigger buck converter. I have printed a few ideas for a case as the RPI4 will have to be cooled? I assume a imu would not work on a hat if i have a fan mounted under it?

I am working on mounting a pot on my pintel to give me a rudder angle sensor.

I did a road trip to Gibsons landing BC. this summer an raced for the first time. I crewed on on a Tanzer 26 same as my boat. It had won every race that year. The captain had made a plotter to cut his own sails and a voice a controlled auto pilot.   We won again despite my best efforts..
How does the voice controlled autopilot work? I am interested in supporting this for pypilot.
I have edited the first post with important info about OP v2 roadmap and links to a pre-release to help translators and debuggers.
(2019-10-28, 05:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have edited the first post with important info about OP v2 roadmap and links to a pre-release to help translators and debuggers.

Hi, great job, the pre-release (at installation level) works well both on PI3 and PI4.  Smile Tongue Smile
(2019-10-28, 05:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have edited the first post with important info about OP v2 roadmap and links to a pre-release to help translators and debuggers.

Ciao, if you set a different language (Italian for example) the settings do not open. When the implementation of the app MCS?
(2019-10-28, 11:44 PM)Max1947 Wrote:

Ciao, if you set a different language (Italian for example) the settings do not open. When the implementation of the app MCS?

Please could you set your system in italian, open a terminal and type openplotter-settings? send me the error.

Commons and basic apps have priority, we will add MCS app ASAP.
(2019-10-29, 04:55 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 11:44 PM)Max1947 Wrote:

Please could you set your system in italian, open a terminal and type openplotter-settings? send me the error.

Commons and basic apps have priority, we will add MCS app ASAP.

Ecco:   Cool

[img][Image: Th046K.jpg][/img]
You have selected "ISO-8859-1" in character Set option when you have set the language. It is a good practice select always "UTF-8" to avoid this kind of problems. Do it and you will be able to run any app.
Anyway, I have fixed this in next version for all apps in case somebody sets any characters set different than UTF-8.
Thanks
(2019-10-29, 07:58 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You have selected "ISO-8859-1" in character Set option when you have set the language. It is a good practice select always "UTF-8" to avoid this kind of problems. Do it and you will be able to run any app.
Anyway, I have fixed this in next version for all apps in case somebody sets any characters set different than UTF-8.
Thanks

Thank you, excuse my ignorance, I'm unfortunately used to "plug and play" ... Wink Big Grin