This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-11-07, 04:50 PM)geoffr98 Wrote: How do I set OpenPlotter to automatically open up OPCN on boot as it was with version 1?  (I'm sure I'm just missing a setting).

thanks,
Geoff.

openCPN installer - autostart opencpn / full screen
(2019-10-27, 02:58 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: How does the voice controlled autopilot work?   I am interested in supporting this for pypilot.

he sends voice commands though his phone to a rpi? i have his contact but i have been working so much i have not got back to him... I would love it too.
I just started testing OP2 - great I like it - thanks guys for all your efforts!

One observation which you may like to address:

When you start OP-setting and then open from within this dialog any other prog like e.g. -Network the resulting dialog is sized exactly over the OP-setting dialog. This could result in several dialogs being on top of each other.
Maybe to either store the last dialog size/position or have them opened tabbed (slightly right/down) would help to avoid this.
Hi Sailoog,

please add polish language to Crowdin.
I could do some translations and maybe engage some polish sailors to contribute to the project.

Marek
S/Y Milonga
Jeanneau Fantasia 27
POL 18616, Gdańsk, POLAND
(2019-11-13, 11:21 PM)BeMarek Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

please add polish language to Crowdin.
I could do some translations and maybe engage some polish sailors to contribute to the project.

Marek

Done: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter

I will add Polish to all apps as soon as the current strings are translated in crowdin platform. Thanks!
(2019-11-13, 07:27 AM)SkipperEarly Wrote: I just started testing OP2 - great I like it - thanks guys for all your efforts!

One observation which you may like to address:

When you start OP-setting and then open from within this dialog any other prog like e.g. -Network the resulting dialog is sized exactly over the OP-setting dialog. This could result in several dialogs being on top of each other.
Maybe to either store the last dialog size/position or have them opened tabbed (slightly right/down) would help to avoid this.

Good point, but that window position feature is not responding to my orders, maybe a wx bug...
openplotter-dashboards app has been released today. It contains Instrument Panel, Sail Gauge, KIP, Node Red Dashboard and Influxdb/Chronograph/Kapacitor/Grafana.

Please test and report. This message is especially aimed to advanced users of Node Red Dashboard and Influxdb/Chronograph/Kapacitor/Grafana.

thanks!

All apps for OpenPlotter Starting (what's that?) are done. After some debugging and translations we will be ready to publish it.
Hi all

I can’t install ais radar on OpenCPN 5 - I also can’t find it through apt-get install although I see all the other plugins when it hit the tab key. Any idea of what might be going on? I had it working perfectly on OpenCPN 5 with Openplotter v1.2.x

Kind Regards,
Peter
Please test and report. This message is especially aimed to advanced users of Node Red Dashboard and Influxdb/Chronograph/Kapacitor/Grafana.

Hi ! Nice update !

Some feedback….. as requested ;-)
Done a rough test with the new Dashboard app on a RPi 4, 2 Gb.  RPi updated to latest OS Ievel and running the plaka.log file as input, it looks very good !
I’m a newbie with Grafana but configured the DB and did a setup just showing Depth and Speed Over Ground in a Graph. So OK !
In NodeRed I did a test with 2 of the supplied SK examples, ”adjust-depth” and ”high-wind-speed-alarm”, and another homemade application. Worked, so also OK !

Some thoughts…..
Think that the Install/Uninstall Icons should be placed at the same place in every application, se picture.
I had to copy the plaka.log file 
sudo cp /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/samples/plaka.log /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@signalk/
so i could use it as Filestream input. Not the same compared to the original SignalK ?

Some load figures….
For the moment I’m running RPi with the setup mentioned above + AIS receiving with the RTL-AIS package and the CPU load is 38% and RAM use is 95%

So, all in all, thanks for Your awesome work !

PS 
For Forum readers, extended install instructions is found here
https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2019/0...guide.html
DS

Attached Files Image(s)

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
(2019-11-16, 11:59 PM)Peter— Wrote: Hi all

I can’t install ais radar on OpenCPN 5 - I also can’t find it through apt-get install although I see all the other plugins when it hit the tab key. Any idea of what might be going on? I had it working perfectly on OpenCPN 5 with Openplotter v1.2.x

Kind Regards,
Peter

OpenPlotter 1.2 was based on debian strecth / ubuntu xenial and all opencpn plugins had version for these systems.

OpenPlotter 2 is based on debian buster / ubuntu bionic and some opencpn plugins do not have version for these sustems yet. This should be reported to opencpn developers here: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/

You have to ask for the bionic version of your requested plugins. Once they are built, they will be able to be installed in openplotter 2 and ubuntu 18.

Let me know if you do not get an answer and I will try to contact too.