This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-11-27, 12:29 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-11-25, 06:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 07:43 AM)Sailabout Wrote: I do not seem to find the way to stop the display to go blank after a while of inactivity (OpenPlotter v2 beta on RPi 3, from NOOBS dated 2019-11-15).
The only function I found (OpenPlotter Settings -> Raspberry Settinsgs -> Disable Screensaver) has no effect.

ops, it seems that that "OpenPlotter Settings -> Raspberry Settinsgs -> Disable Screensaver" no longer works. This settings are changing time to time in raspbian. I will try to fix this without installing extra software.

Fixed on next update. Uninstall any screensaver program you have installed before testing.

Thanks
Quote:Hi E-sailing. Done that and it partly works.

Now I can use de data if I connect the Kindle via my wireless network router and to the network IP of the RPI.

Then tried to made the conection to the RPI direct. The connection worked.

Using the same address with then 10.10.10.1 instead
of 192.168.1.106 the Kindle only shows the frames but not the data.

I do not understand what is the difference between connecting via the wireless network router or direct.

Anyway the Kindle works but need some further adjustments.

Regards,

Bram

"I do not understand what is the difference between connecting via the wireless network router or direct."

The difference is:
On the boat your wireless network router is the marina wifi. When you sail away. You will lose this connection!
When OpenPlotter works as a wireless router (AP). You will have a connection to your local data all the time. When you come to a marina you can connect openplotter to the marina wifi. Now OpenPlotter is connected to the internet. (But it isn't automatically forwarded to your kindle or mobile. To forward this connection you have to set the share option to the right network. Select "auto" instead of a network and it should pick up the right network.)

So the difference is when you connect to openplotter instead of your wireless network router to get an internet connection, that openplotter only forward the internet traffic but directly handles the boat data.

The idea is, that the whole crew on the boat can stay connected to OpenPlotter independend where you are.
(2019-09-14, 06:33 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter 2 is in beta stage. Now OP consists of independent applications. For the first time, we open the door to the entire Debian family and even to other hardware. However, the most interesting applications remain exclusive for Raspberry.

Formats

SD images and NOOBS (basic): img and NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi. We will release at least 3 versions:
  • OpenPlotter Starting: Settings + Signal K + Xygrib + OpenCPN + CAN + Dashboards + Docs
  • OpenPlotter Headless: OpenPlotter Starting + Network
  • OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT: OpenPlotter Starting + Moitessier HAT + Pypilot + I2C
  • OpenPlotter À la Carte: OpenPlotter Starting + custom settings + selected apps
From Scratch (intermediate): you will be able to install OpenPlotter on any computer running any Debian based system like Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint...

OpenPlotter-gen (advanced): OpenPlotter-gen is a super-script to build OpenPlotter img and NOOBS files. You will be able to create OpenPlotter flavors easily.

Testing (NOT FOR PRODUCTION)

Option A: download an OpenPlotter pre-release img or NOOBS files for Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

OpenPlotter Starting

2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Starting-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

OpenPlotter Headless

Access Point SSID: openplotter  |  Password: 12345678  |  IP: 10.10.10.1 (openplotter.local)
Ethernet Bridge: enabled
SSH: ssh pi@openplotter.local  |  Password: raspberry
Remote desktop address: openplotter.local  |  Port: 5900  |  User: pi  |  Password: raspberry

2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Headless-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
2019-11-23-OpenPlotter-Headless-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT

0000-00-00-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-img.zip
0000-00-00-OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release-NOOBS.zip

Option B: Install OpenPlotter on any computer running a Debian based system (Raspbian, Ubuntu, Mint...)

Open a terminal and install the dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install python-configparser python3-wxgtk4.0 python3-ujson whois vlc

To install the main app openplotter-setting, download the latest deb package from: https://github.com/openplotter/openplott...s/releases

After downloading the deb file, you can install it by double click or typing this in a terminal:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i openplotter-settings_x.x.x-xxx.deb

Go to Main menu->Others->OpenPlotter Settings and install the rest of apps from there.

Roadmap

Apps
  • OpenPlotter Settings
  • OpenCPN installer
  • Signal K Filter
  • Signal K installer
  • Xygrib
  • Network
  • I2C Sensors
  • OpenPlotter Apps Template
  • Pypilot (development)
  • Moitessier HAT (development)
  • Serial Devices Management (development)
  • CAN Devices Management
  • 1W sensors
  • Actions
  • Dashboards
  • SDR AIS
  • Kplex
  • Docs (development)

Translations

Translate OpenPlotter into your language here: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter

Helping us

We have developed an application openplotter-myapp which is a template with the basic structure of an OpenPlotter app with comments to make easier developing your own app or help us with any pending app. If you have python skills and want to help, contact us to coordinate.

Please report bugs adding [OP2] to the subject: http://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Ciao, progressi con le app?
(2019-11-28, 04:05 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Ciao, progressi con le app?

A lot, almost all apps are close to "stable" stage. Check the new images and NOOBS files. Working on openplotter-serial now.
(2019-11-28, 04:15 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-11-28, 04:05 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Ciao, progressi con le app?

A lot, almost all apps are close to "stable" stage. Check the new images and NOOBS files. Working on openplotter-serial now.

Smile Tongue
(2019-11-22, 11:07 AM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 12:53 AM)rastam4n Wrote: I do have the correct driver/firmware installed and when I installed it via cmd line I get no errors... yet I still do not get any data from either an IMU or Moiteisser Hat or even a usb gps reciever unless I connect to the gps reciever directly in OpenCPN, if I try to connect via signalK I get nothing... I cannot determine if it is just broke... and then I will just wait... or if my set up is broke... to me it looks fine but maybe I am missing something... I understand this is free and all and I really do appreciate all the work that goes into this but yet, if there is no clear instructions, and no communication about what is working and what is not... it kinda defeats the purpose of testing no? Like what does that mean anyhow.. hear are the drivers but they are only for testing.. does that mean they don't work? Or does that mean they work but don't go sailing with them... I suspect is is the later which leaves me stumped as to why signalk seems broken since the inception of OP2

If you can configure opencpn to obtain data, you should also be able to configure SK to obtain data. Everything published is working unless we say otherwise. Not having docs at this time helps us know what people understand and what not in terms of usability. It is clear that making serial connections on the SK server is not clear to everyone.

Could someone please help him?

We will start writing documents soon, please be patient.

First off thanks for a fantastic effort in getting this up & running. I have just up graded to a Rpi4 & the latest beta version of OP.

I must be missing something!! I am getting the GPS & I2C to OpenCPN but cannot get anything from IMU.

What connections should I have in Signal K?? - Could someone post a screenshot of the connections tab. I am not getting anything in SK from the IMU at all.
I read where You have to create UDP localhost port 52000 to get IMU data in SK - but I don't think I am doing it right!!

Looking forward to the release of Actions & 1W sensors.
openplotter-pypilot app is in charge of managing the IMU. The current version is just an approach and it will suffer big changes these days.
Just installed on my RPi4 - very straightforward with the NOOBS image, thanks!

However, tide stations are not showing. I do have the HARMONIC.IDX file applied as an active data connection. Any ideas?
Just installed the latest version from scratch (on Pi4, Buster), pretty straightforward process, looking good! Thanks for that.
I find that the file manager process dies immediately after starting- is this a bug on my implementation, or a known issue?

Also, I've installed the Moitessier HAT, PyPilot and I2C, but so far failed to get any data from the HAT. The Moitessier status window finds it without problems though. Should I wait for serial devices to get data from the HAT to OpenCPN?

Thanks for the hard work!
I have seen that nodered, influxdb and grafana have been added
What is the way to access nodered and other programs?

I see that in signal k, to access nodered asks me for a username and password

Saludos