This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moitessier HAT 2 roadmap
Information 
As you know the Raspberry Pi 4 forced us to redesign the Moitessier HAT and enclosure. Both of them are already in manufacturing and we expect to start selling them in January.

It contains the same chips and features but there are few changes:
  • We have changed the shape so it can be attached to Rapsberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 4. 
  • There is a switch to turn OpenPlotter off. To turn OpenPlotter on again you need to un- and replug the power supply. The button is connected to the microcontroller on the HAT. If it is pressed a special command is sent to the Pi. The driver on the Pi recognizes the command and will automatically execute the shutdown command. So no need to configure anything in OpenPlotter.
  • Now the PCB is blue.
Both models,  Moitessier HAT 2 and 1,  will work on Raspberry 3 and 4 with OpenPlotter 2. Follow OpenPlotter 2 development here: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1992

We are working on an unique driver for Raspberry 3 and 4. When this is done you will found it here: https://www.rooco.eu/2018/06/13/firmware...ssier-hat/

The new Moitessier HAT 2 will be back in stock on 17th January 2020. Back orders are allowed.
(2019-12-17, 03:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote: As you know the Raspberry Pi 4 forced us to redesign the Moitessier HAT and enclosure. Both of them are already in manufacturing and we expect to start selling them in January.

It contains the same chips and features but there are few changes:
  • We have changed the shape so it can be attached to Rapsberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 4. 
  • There is a switch to turn OpenPlotter off. To turn OpenPlotter on again you need to un- and replug the power supply. The button is connected to the microcontroller on the HAT. If it is pressed a special command is sent to the Pi. The driver on the Pi recognizes the command and will automatically execute the shutdown command. So no need to configure anything in OpenPlotter.
  • Now the PCB is blue.
Both models,  Moitessier HAT 2 and 1,  will work on Raspberry 3 and 4 with OpenPlotter 2. Follow OpenPlotter 2 development here: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1992

We are working on an unique driver for Raspberry 3 and 4. When this is done you will found it here: https://www.rooco.eu/2018/06/13/firmware...ssier-hat/

The new Moitessier HAT 2 will be back in stock between 13th and 17th January 2020

OpenPlotter-Moitessier-HAT-v2.0-pre-release ... are we there? At least the firmware updated?  Huh Big Grin
openplotter-moitessier app updated. It contains a dual driver that should work in latest kernels for Raspberry 3 and 4 and for Moitessier HAT 1 and 2. Owners of a moitessier HAT, please test and report.
(2020-01-09, 10:55 AM)Sailoog Wrote: openplotter-moitessier app updated. It contains a dual driver that should work in latest kernels for Raspberry 3 and 4 and for Moitessier HAT 1 and 2. Owners of a moitessier HAT, please test and report.

Okay I have the new version of Moitessier Hat installed and the new driver installed, it took two tries but it did finally install without error.

So everything seems to be okay, I can see compass data and heel and pitch on the dashboard but I cannot get a temperature reading or any barometric pressure nor am I getting any gps data. 

I think i need to do something in the 12C app but I am unable to open the 12C app, I do not get an error or anything, just an hour glass beside the mouse arrow for a bit then nothing. Is this a known bug?
(2020-01-09, 08:38 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2020-01-09, 10:55 AM)Sailoog Wrote: openplotter-moitessier app updated. It contains a dual driver that should work in latest kernels for Raspberry 3 and 4 and for Moitessier HAT 1 and 2. Owners of a moitessier HAT, please test and report.

Okay I have the new version of Moitessier Hat installed and the new driver installed, it took two tries but it did finally install without error.

So everything seems to be okay, I can see compass data and heel and pitch on the dashboard but I cannot get a temperature reading or any barometric pressure nor am I getting any gps data. 

I think i need to do something in the 12C app but I am unable to open the 12C app, I do not get an error or anything, just an hour glass beside the mouse arrow for a bit then nothing. Is this a known bug?

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...9#pid11649

Hi Sailoog, I attach some photos taken after the last update. OP Moitessier seems updated and functional despite the red warnings. SPI is not yet settled ... well MCS! Good job, ciao.

[img][Image: myLzJF.png][/img]   [img][Image: kqnHXU.png][/img]    [img][Image: FcvnvQ.png][/img]   [img][Image: F6FAoO.png][/img]   [img][Image: qcJolv.png][/img]   [img][Image: BThg9S.png][/img]   [img][Image: vRWsSj.png][/img]   [img][Image: PSmDks.png][/img]   [img][Image: P5BhPq.png][/img]
What is MCS for?
(2020-01-11, 04:30 PM)rastam4n Wrote: What is MCS for?

See: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...07&page=10   Smile
your hat is not working because you have not installed the driver. You get data in signal k from the hat because you have the AIS simulator enabled, look at those crazy boats in the Adriatic, and you get position from another gps.

You will not be able to install the driver until you enable the SPI interface. Is there any reason to do not enable SPI? are you getting any error?
(2020-01-11, 07:37 PM)Sailoog Wrote: your hat is not working because you have not installed the driver. You get data in signal k from the hat because you have the AIS simulator enabled, look at those crazy boats in the Adriatic, and you get position from another gps.

You will not be able to install the driver until you enable the SPI interface. Is there any reason to do not enable SPI? are you getting any error?

Hi sailoog. The SPI interface as you see it is enabled. The driver (see photos attached above - number 6) seems installed. I have enabled the AIS simulator because I'm at home. Let me know what to do ... thanks.  Huh

[img][Image: RVqVIl.png][/img]   [img][Image: kqnHXU.png][/img]   [img][Image: qcJolv.png][/img]