This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node-Red / MQTT Thread
All,

Would be nice if people could share their:

- Sensors
- Formulas
- Dashboards
- Node Red Flows

etc in one (easy to find Thread)

So people can use them as well.

So we can create a NR library, next to the App Store in SignalK

How cool would that be?

Wink

Bart

PS (I have difficulty to get data into SignalK; and from there into Node red. But I'm even doubting if I do it right. Maybe the flow has to be from : Arduino (via Wifi) - > raspi -> to MQTT - > to Node Red -> to SignalK) But even that is difficult to find (as a newbie)
(2020-01-13, 12:19 PM)BartStevens Wrote: PS (I have difficulty to get data into SignalK; and from there into Node red. But I'm even doubting if I do it right. Maybe the flow has to be from : Arduino (via Wifi) - > raspi -> to MQTT - > to Node Red -> to SignalK) But even that is difficult to find (as a newbie)

Good idea about a Node-red flows repository, on the to-do list is save a load of handy snippets to github, will post a link if the to-do list entries stop expanding quicker than  getting ticked off Wink

As for arduino/esp - mqtt sends data as a string (text) so you need to convert back to a number for signalk to be most useful. Might be better sending the data as signalk over UDP , means the data goes straight into signalk as  numbers. Also I find it much better to just use the signalk node-red app, it has the signalk nodes ready to use.