This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i2c without Mointessier hat
Hi all,

Thanks for the effort with this excellent app.
My problem is how to read  pressure and temperature from my imu to put the data in signal k. Actually I get heading, heel and pitch from pypilot, but as data for pressure and temperature is not used by pypilot, is not read and is not send to signal k. 
I have the app i2c but when executed nothing happens, nothing opens.
All the rest, ais and gps are serial and work OK.

Thanks and regards,
Carlos.
What is the model of your pressure, temperature sensor?

what means "nothing happens" when you open I2C?
(2020-02-24, 04:06 PM)Sailoog Wrote: What is the model of your pressure, temperature sensor?

Thanks for your answer!

My imu is reported by pypilot as: Invensense MPU-9250/MPU-9255, the printed circuit reads MPU-92.65
It was working fine with openplotter older versions.

When I click I2C I was expecting to open a window to see the detected sensors, calibration, etc, but nothing opens. I can see the clock as doing something but after a few seconds it is over with no visible result.
I did un-install and re-install I2C twice with no results.

Thanks for your help,
Carlos.

(2020-02-24, 04:06 PM)Sailoog Wrote: What is the model of your pressure, temperature sensor?

Thanks for your answer!

My imu is reported by pypilot as: Invensense MPU-9250/MPU-9255, the printed circuit reads MPU-92.65
It was working fine with openplotter older versions.

When I click I2C I was expecting to open a window to see the detected sensors, calibration, etc, but nothing opens. I can see the clock as doing something but after a few seconds it is over with no visible result.
I did un-install and re-install I2C twice with no results.

Thanks for your help,
Carlos.
Edit /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove everything under the tag [I2C]

That is your IMU but what is your pressure sensor? check the detected addresses when you can open the I2C app
(2020-02-25, 07:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Edit /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove everything under the tag [I2C]

That is your IMU but what is your pressure sensor? check the detected addresses when you can open the I2C app

Thanks, now I2C works and detects the pressure, temperature and humidity as BME280 0/1/2. The pressure is displayed by Open CPN but not the air temperature, will keep checking.

Thanks, that was the problem!!

(2020-02-25, 07:42 PM)carlos-palma Wrote:
(2020-02-25, 07:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Edit /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove everything under the tag [I2C]

Thanks, now I2C works and detects the pressure, temperature and humidity as BME280 0/1/2. The pressure is displayed by Open CPN but not the air temperature, will keep checking.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi!

Change Signal K Key "environment.inside.temperature" to the key "environment.outside.temperature"

select line 1 BME280 > then  Edit button

In the new box select Edit button

in the new box select in 'group' > "environment" ,in 'Keys' "outside.temperature"  >OK to go back

>OK to go back

Carole
(2020-05-23, 02:21 PM)klr68 Wrote:

Hi!

Change Signal K Key "environment.inside.temperature" to the key "environment.outside.temperature"

select line 1 BME280 > then  Edit button

In the new box select Edit button

in the new box select in 'group' > "environment" ,in 'Keys' "outside.temperature"  >OK to go back

>OK to go back

Carole

Thanks Carole, that made it work!!
Best, Carlos.