This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot update - broke all pypilot including i2c sensors
After updating from this description: http://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=upgrading_from_git

All sensors stopped working, and pypilot is no longer found by the OpenCPN plug-in, and not by Openplotter anymore.
Also signalK refused the connection.

Does this has something to do with recent updates in https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/tree/master/ui ?

Regards,

Jamos
Is there any way I could revert the changes made by the update? I have ran the update from openplotter 1.2.0 and I have the feeling it did the update for openplotter 2.

Hope you can help.
Yes, you can pull an earlier version. What is the latest commit in git log?
(2020-03-21, 07:56 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: Yes, you can pull an earlier version.   What is the latest commit in git log?

Can you help me a bit with that? Not sure how to see what the latest commit is and how to pull an earlier version.
I'm afraid that if I update with https://pypilot.org/wiki/doku.php?id=upgrading_from_git that it will pull files not relevant for my 1.2 installation.

Hope you can help me out again.
I suggest you re-image the sd card with the http://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_21122019.img.xz

The version included in this image is the best stable version to use right now.

pypilot is undergoing major changes but these are on a separate branch in git.
Hmm, that would be a challenge in my case. I am using openplotter on a 3b+, but I guess I could use another extra pi just for the pilot. I do have one laying around here.
Would this be a more stable "redundant like" option? I guess my set-up would be something like:

- Raspberry 3b+ with Openplotter runs all the serial connections and signalk, this system also has all my sensors like GPS, gyro, etc.
- Another 3b+ with tinypilot runs seperately and can be upgraded normally through GIT and that one is connected to the Arduino.

Those two connect to eachother by LAN or WLAN, or maybe even serial / usb?
I am not sure as how to control the pilot through the primary 3b+ that runs Openplotter though,
(2020-03-25, 10:44 AM)jamos.tan@gmail.com Wrote: Those two connect to eachother by LAN or WLAN, or maybe even serial / usb?
I am not sure as how to control the pilot through the primary 3b+ that runs Openplotter though,

It seems like all the internal communication is via TCP anyway. Maybe set up a connection on the network tab to send NMEA to the receiving PI's IP address?  You should already have something there if you're sending autopilot commands to OpenCPN.

You'll need to be a bit tricky about setting up the physical network.  Either run ethernet cables to an external router or set the second Pi to connect with the primary's access point.
(2020-03-25, 04:09 PM)AlanH Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 10:44 AM)jamos.tan@gmail.com Wrote: Those two connect to eachother by LAN or WLAN, or maybe even serial / usb?

It seems like all the internal communication is via TCP anyway. Maybe set up a connection on the network tab to send NMEA to the receiving PI's IP address?  You should already have something there if you're sending autopilot commands to OpenCPN.

You'll need to be a bit tricky about setting up the physical network.  Either run ethernet cables to an external router or set the second Pi to connect with the primary's access point.

Thanks Alan, I'll give it a go Wink